January 19, 2010

Simple Living Network


The Simple Living Network has just unveiled their new and improved website, and it's better than ever. They're celebrating 14 years, and it's the best resource I've found for everything relating to Simple Living. Their newsletter published three posts from this blog last year, and now they're listing My Year Without Spending on their bloglist of "real people practicing what they preach." I love their website and I'm so happy to be included.

The Simple Living Network celebrates simple living, or "voluntary simplicity," which they define as "living an examined life, one in which you have determined what is important and enough for you, and discarding the rest." They also say simple living is NOT about living in poverty or self-inflicted deprivation.

Duane Elgin, a leader of the movement and author of the book Voluntary Simplicity, puts it this way:

"Simple living is living in a way that is outwardly simple and inwardly rich."

I found out about this website AFTER I decided to do The Compact and started this blog, but I feel like they're talking about all the things I've been thinking about. I guess it's reached critical mass enough that I've been hearing the concepts for awhile.

So check out their newsletter, their bloglist (which also includes my favorite blogger, Katy Wolk-Stanley of The Non-Consumer Advocate), and all the rest of the books and resources on their website. I think you'll like it.

2 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

Sounds like a great resource! I can't wait to check it out☺

BohoBelle said...

Thanks for reminding me it's back up and running. Congrats with your 'report card' also :)