June 17, 2009

Free Elvis Costello concert

FREE STUFF ALERT: I don't know about you, but I LOVE Elvis Costello. His voice takes me straight back to the 80s, and I don't care how silly they were (the 80s). "Peace, Love, and Understanding" is still one of my favorite songs of all time.

So if you live in Los Angeles, take advantage of this FREE CONCERT at Amoeba Records on Monday, June 22nd. That's in Hollywood, at 6400 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90018. Tel: 323-245-6400.

I'm letting you know ahead of time so you can PLAN in advance. Monday night at 8pm, but you'd better get there early. How early? I wish I had a crystal ball...

Do you have a favorite Elvis Costello song? Any fond memories? Let me know in the Comments section.

3 comments:

calimama @ compactbydesign said...

My husband spent days putting together a list of songs for our wedding CD and "Peace, Love, and Understanding" was on the list from the very beginning!
As for Amoeba, I'd suggest having lunch nearby and head over to get in line. It will be a zoo! But totally worth it if you get in!

Stacey said...

OMG! If I had *more* advance notice I would have been on a plane. And we would have a picnic of local produce and even the limes in our margaritas would have been local! Did he sing *my* favorite song, "Everyday I Write the Book"? Oh my gosh, that song completely mirrored my early college years! I can *so* hear it coming off my turntable. I'm getting chills thinking about it. I want to hear all about the concert!

Angela said...

Unfortunately, we couldn't go because our elderly friend from Arizona is visiting. Not only would she not even know who he is, she's almost completely deaf so wouldn't enjoy a concert. Too bad.

I hope someone went and enjoyed it! Please let us know if you did!

Calimama- that is so sweet about your husband putting together a wedding CD.

And Stacey- That's a good one too, and Elvis completely brings me back to my college days. They weren't all good, but he reminds me of the best part of them.