June 14, 2010

It's Meatless Monday

Check out my Meatless Monday post over at The Non-Consumer Advocate!

Katy is hosting a Food Stamp Challenge this month, and my post is all about how meatless meals can save you money. Going meatless on Monday will not only help you meet the challenge, it will cut your grocery bill year-round.

The bonus is that it's great for your health and better for the environment. Find out more at Meatless Monday.

Have you pledged to go meatless on Mondays? Are you doing the Food Stamp Challenge? Let us know how you're doing and feel free to leave your tips and advice in the Comments section.

3 comments:

Alea Milham said...

I found another meatless meal. It is from a new blog called Dandelionheart and she has already posted several vegetarian meals. Here is a link:
http://dandelionheart-michelle.blogspot.com/2010/06/swiss-chard-and-garbanzo-bean-soup.html

P.S. I sound like a broken record, but this recipe is really flexible and comes together fast. My favorite kind!

Angela said...

Alea- Oh, that one sounds good- thanks! I made the sweet potato burritos over the weekend. Yum. I love having some ready to go in the fridge.

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love this idea and we do it at least once a week and have for years. Some of our favorites are guacamole or potato tacos and veggie lasagna or veggie soups in the winter. My kids are true carnivores but we have always ate this way so they are used to it.