June 8, 2010

Thanks for your anniversary gift ideas!

Thank you readers! When I asked for ideas, as always, you delivered. Armed with your suggestions, I created this fabulous basket for my friend's parents' 50th anniversary.

I loved all your ideas so much that I wish I could have included all of them. I decided to go with baked goods and consumables, so I started with some dark German rye bread and Pfefferneuse (German spice cookies). I had never baked either one before, but they both came out delicious. The basket was sitting in a coworker's office since the holidays, and he was happy to let me take it off his hands. Then I picked up some strong coffee, marmalade, and sour cherry jam at World Market for about $10. I was able to incorporate the gold from the "golden anniversary" with the basket and the envelope for the card.

The gift was a big hit, and I was happy I was able to stay on The Compact. It took a bit more time and effort than just throwing down the money, but I love to bake, so that's okay. Although I advise starting yeast bread before 9pm if you want to get to bed before 2:00 in the morning.

Thanks again for your brilliant suggestions. Another event successfully navigated. I really think these "Compact-approved" gifts are the best gifts of all. When I think about my favorite gifts I've received over the years, they have all been Compact-friendly. Look for that post in the future. Meanwhile, what are some of the best gifts you've ever received? Please share in the Comments section.

7 comments:

psmflowerlady said...

Cuttings of plants or bulbs from divisions. LOVE 'em! My friend & I have 2 ceramic pots that we trade back and forth every year with "annuals" in - I no longer remember where the pots originally came from.

Lacey said...

My faves lately have been used cookbooks :)

Alea Milham said...

Thanks for sharing your gift with us. The presentation is lovely and it all sounds delicious!

Marie-Josée said...

I concur with Alea, thanks for sharing and glad it was a hit.

Suz said...

Perfect 50th anniversary gift!

The best anniversary gifts for me are always when we go on a trip and spend time together.

gifts Philippines said...

I agree to the commenter spend time together is one of the greatest anniversary gift ever. Anyway,its good that you shared this.

vitton

Anniversary Gifts said...

I think a great inexpensive anniversary gift is to create a collage of meaningful photos from the years you have specnt together. My fiance did this for our 8th anniversary and i treasure it.