Cate at Budget Confessions and Penny at The Saved Quarter both picked me as one of the recipients of the Kreativ Blogger award. Thanks ladies! Now I'm supposed to name 7 things you don't know about me, and after a year of blogging it's amazing how much I've already revealed.
1. My husband and I disliked each other when we first met in graduate school. He thought I was too "intense" and I thought he was arrogant.
2. When I was in the fifth grade, I won a trophy from the American Legion for an essay I wrote in school about "Americanism."
3. I lived in Manhattan for two years in my 2os.
4. I can't wear wool, even cashmere.
5. For my 40th birthday, I celebrated with a solo 30-day cross-country train trip, after a big party with my friends and family.
6. I've never been able to do a cartwheel, even as a child.
7. My longest term relationship was with my cat Harriet (named after the great Harriets in history- Harriet Tubman, Harriet Beecher Stowe, and Harriet the Spy), who lived to be 18. My husband is a close second at 17 years this May.
I'm passing on the award to these bloggers for their creativity in the areas of cooking, crafts, lifestyle, parenting, and more...
Jill at Mindfully Simple
Danielle at Less is More Balanced
Alea at Premeditated Leftovers
Kate at An Exercise in Frugality
Carla at Half Dozen Daily
Vanessa at Green Ness
Cindy at Hungry Girl Por Vida